Sunday, July 18, 2010

I've Lost My Moblie At The Mall

The book i'm reading, that I've read in the past, is called 'I've Lost My Moblie At The Mall' by Wendy Harmer. The book is based on a bit of reality on the reaction of a modern teenager on the 'edge of a techno breakdown'. It sort of makes me laugh at life now.

The main teenager is a girl called Elly (along with Bianca, Tildy & Will, etc) . As based on the title, she lost her mobile at the mall and acts quite frantic. Her best friend, Bianca, has a boyfriend who puts embarrasing pictures of Elly on FaceBook. Elly then becomes very upset and hopes her boyfriend, Will, doesn't see them.
Standing up for her sister, Elly's big sis, Matilda (Tildy), trys to catch an embarrasing photo of Bianca's boyfriend at a friends place for revenge.
But somehting goes wrong with the photo and everyone gets the wrong idea when they see Will in the spa with Tildy's friend, who were ment to get the picture with Bianca's boyfriend!
Elly becomes emotionally heartbroken, but then takes matter into her own hands...and sadly makes everything make sense in the wrong way.
But you'll have to read the book yourself to know what happens next...

This book is suited for mature reads. I rate this book highly and give it the score of 9/10. It's really funny in the way of life of growing teenagers in nowdays. It gives you the no-denying feeling that mainly everything is based on technoligy.

6 comments:

TJ said...

I've read this book before and I think you've described it well. I can sort of relate to this because it would be really hard to live without technology, especially my ipod.

Aussieleigh said...

I guess this story really pushes the awareness about the public nature of things posted on the internet and how things can get out of hand. What do you think about using social network sites for revenge?

TJAWEsome said...

This sounds like a good book for all teenage girls. It has an interesting storyline and if I was a girl I would really like to read it. It makes you aware of what revenge can do.

Poisonious Inspiration said...

Aussieleigh, by reading this book, using social sites such as mobiles and the internet are not the best way to get revenge. Through social sites, misuderstanding from eagar teenagers messes up lots of things, like in this case: Elly's realtionship with Will.

Poisonious Inspiration said...

TJAWEsome, just to tell you...even though the book is about a girl who looses her phone, it is suitable for boys. And you don't have to be a girl to read it!!!

TJAWEsome said...

OK OK I get it but it sounds great